Summer season (April to October) is the best time for Hong Kong junk trips. These are one of the most popular Hong Kong things to do that offer you the opportunity to escape the concrete jungle, get on the water where it’s cooler and discover the untouched aspects of this vibrant city that you will never be able to discover otherwise. Traditional Hong Kong junks are the best option if you are looking for a good old-fashioned junk party fun. Just a 60 minute cruise from the Victoria harbor or 15 minute cruise from Aberdeen, and you will be in a remote bay away from the city hustle and bustle. The temperature on the sea seems to drop and the nice breeze makes those stinking hot days bearable.
Although junk boats traditionally referred to Chinese wooden sailboats dating back to the Han Dynasty, they now imply to any Hong Kong boat charters that are equipped with all modern luxuries. The boats have retained their traditional feel but offer lavish luxuries and conveniences to guests.
Here are some of the tips that will help you get the most of your Hong Kong junk trip experience.
Book your perfect junk boat from Hong Kong Yachting at least a one month in advance as they get booked fast during the peak season. Book the boat only or packages are available that include food and drinks, wakeboarding and banana boat rides, masseuse and other water sports activities.
Just tell us what you are looking for and we will get you there. Be it Lamma, South Bay and Lantau, or Sai Kung that tops your list, we have got you covered. If you are up for some really hidden gems, head to the Soko Island and Ninepin Islands.
If you really want to hit a high note on the high seas, check for the music options available on the boat. We have some boats that allow DJ’s to keep you entertained for hours on the seas.
What to take on a junk?
We recommend you to carry the below items while going for a Hong Kong junk tour:
- A camera or phone to capture the beauty of the ambience. A drone is even better
- A dry bag will definitely come handy to keep your valuables dry
- If you’re picky, your own shampoo and toiletries as all boats have an outdoor freshwater shower.
Where to go on a junk trip?
Here are some of the popular Hong Kong Junk tour destinations for you to explore.
- You can book a junk from Hong Kong Yachting to Clearwater Bay which is situated north of Victoria Harbour and only a 60 minute drive. Clearwater Bay offers a panoramic view of the Hong Kong coasts and islands and the water is as it states, much cleaner and crystal clear than other bays.
- Kwo Chau Islands or the Ninepin Group of islands will simply amaze you with its crystal clear waters and awe inspiring views and are the perfect destinations for those willing to cruise further to a remote harbor.
- South Bay or Deep Water Bay on the south side of Hong Kong Island are a popular junk boat party stops and although they’re not isolated you can make the most of swimming between others boats and gaining more of a party vibe at these locations.
- Tai Long Wan is another attraction for the tourists where the sand and water both are pretty clean. It is one of the farthest islands where tourists are allowed. However in some months it’s not advised to go here due to the on shore winds.
You need not be a yacht owner to enjoy this quintessentially Hong Kong experience. Contact Hong Kong Yachting to experience all this at a highly competitive price. We have junks that are equipped with a King Sunbed, inflatable lounge and slide, custom-designed swimming platforms, fusion sound system, and much more. Our boats make for the right choice for weddings, yacht parties and corporate events. During your Hong Kong junk tour, you will be taken to a beach for a lunch and a swim.
If you do not want to book the whole junk then join our junk trip to discover the Hong Kong Container Port Tour and BBQ.
A private event planner is available for consultation.